I was broken today.
Cracked open, heart beating hard, soul bleeding, drained out onto the carpet.
I turned from my desk, walked to our big canopy bed, crawled in on his side because I needed him, and wept myself to sleep.
My chest hurt when I woke up. I found out later my husband's had been hurting all day. He didn't know about my brokenness, but he felt it.
Ironic that Ann's post for today was "When You're Feeling a Bit Broken". A bit? So much more.
But not broken like Him. Still never as broken as Him.
And as I remember Him, and as He re-members me, I ask Him to never let me forget what it felt like to hurt over Truth.
Because He hurt over it. I didn't die today, but He died for me for life and for days like today when all I wanted to do was curl up in His arms and be lost in Him. Or found.
Now, wrung out and weary from the fray, I rest in Him.
His arms are a safe place for the broken to rest.
To be made whole the way only He can make one whole.
Tonight I re-member.
The counting of gifts continues.
231. Living in the happily ever after
232. Baby girl screechy noises
233. A cousin happier for finding me
234. Sweet little grandgirl all fussy and tiredish and rubbing her eyes
235. My Mattie, home for two days
236. Rain trickling down, thunder gently rolling, gifts of grace
237. Smooth transitions
238. The buying of a wedding dress, the becoming of a bride
239. Sweet tea
240. Teen girls laughing, building memories
241. Coconut cream pie (and a buddy to share it with)
242. Dinner at the Hard Rock
243. Lovely girl turning 21, smile all alight
244. Lora feeling better
245. Tears collected in a sea of crystal
246. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." (3 John 1:4)
247. Loved ones who believe in me (and remind me what it was like to believe in myself)
248. Being re-membered
250. My beloved, my best friend